Friday, October 8, 2010

VINTAGE #2

Hi everybody!

Well are you lovin' this weather or what!!!  I mean, "we have sunshine and warm weather -- in Michigan!"  I just know we will pay for this great weather we have been having, but it is so worth it.  This is my favorite time of the year anyway, now with all the sun it's like a double-dip.

Too bad I haven't been able to be outdoors and enjoy it that much.  I'm doing another Spring cleaning before my BFF gets here Sunday, and you know how that goes.  You start to dust and then you see that all the nick-knacks need to be washed, then you see the cobwebs, then the carpet needs to be shampooed, then the rugs have to be washed, then all the bedding has to be washed again even tho it isn't dirty but it's been sitting there for 3-4 weeks collecting dust, and it goes on and on.  It took me the whole morning yesterday just to read my manual to get my Kirby sweeper taken apart and hook up the shampoo attachments.  Cannot believe how complicated they make those instructions.  You have to go back 3 chapters to find out how to take one part off, then to another chapter to take another part off, then back to the original chapter on hooking up the shampoo attachments.  It only took about an hour to clean the floors, but 4 hours to hook up the attachments!!!  Plus another hour to read the manual again to remove the shampoo attachments correctly, cleaning instructions for all those attachments, and instructions on how to put the sweeper parts back on.  Next time I am just going to get a pail of Oxiclean (sp?), mixed in water, and throw it all over the carpeting and then sponge it up -- it would be quicker!!

Before I write a manual myself here, let's get on to showing you some more vintage!!!  Oh ya, I've got lots more -- so if you don't like vintage, you might want to skip my blog for the next couple of weeks.  The project I'm showing you today, was my hardest one to put together (I'm just not good on coming up with original "designs" -- I should have tried to find something to CASE).  But, I have to tell you, with both my Christmas trees and these tags, I ended up loving the outcome at the end.  All of the tags below use the "Deck the Halls" Designer Series Paper and the "Distressing Essentials" (distressing ink and precision files).  

The first 2 tags have pockets with gift tags inserted. These large tags would be great for those bigger gifts, as they measure 71/2" x 3 3/4".  
 
This shows you the tags pulled out.  The small tags for the pockets were made using the "Table Setting" Bigz XL Die.
 
Used the new Metallic Gold Waffle Paper for the snowflakes, which were cut with the new "Northern Frost" Big Shot Decorative Strip; the "Deck the Halls" big designer buttons; and the snowman from "A Cute Christmas" stamp set.

"Deck the Halls" Designer Button, Very Vanilla Taffeta and Satin Ribbon, the oval holly is from the "Tags til Christmas" stamp set, and the large holly is from the "Bells & Boughs" stamp set.  I sewed the pockets on both of the pocket cards (ya, don't fall over from shock!!). 


Used the large Scalloped Circle Bigz Die to cut Metallic Gold Waffle Paper, Scallop Circles #2 Bigz Die for Cherry Cobbler layer, and Circle Scissor Plus for Sahara Sand top layer. Three strips of Rick-Rack was cut using the new "Tasteful Trim" Bigz XL Die, added pearls and "Antique Brads," and stamps from the "Jolly Old Saint Nick" and "Four the Holidays."

This tag didn't need a lot added because the new "Deck the Halls" Designer Series Paper is beautiful all on its own.  So a simple stamp from the "Northern Hearts" Level 1 Hostess Set (Holiday Mini) punched out with the new Extra-Large "Decorative Label" punch; applied with a dimensional to Cherry Cobbler card stock punched out with the Oval Extra-Large punch, and Victoria Crochet Trim was all that was needed for this vintage look.

This picture is for my sister Kathy who wanted to see a close up of my "store bought" cardinals.  I used these birds as my inspiration for all of my Christmas Vintage projects -- don't you just love it that they match the Cherry Cobbler!!  Click on to enlarge so you can see the etched Christmas scene on the wings.
 
Well that's all for today, sorry it ended up being such a long post.  I did get to watch two TV shows while typing this up, etc.  Until next time, enjoy this beautiful weather!!

Sandi
"If you doubt that Jesus cares, remember his tears."

9 comments:

  1. Your tags are gorgeous! I love the birds too, beautiful! Thanks for sharing, might have to case you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really need to think about the artisian award at convention. These are so beautiful. My problem is that even with these right in front of me I don't think I can do them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whow Sandi
    these are just fabulous - I love the way you photographed your tags as well - really nicely complimented with the fabric in the background
    you did such a beautiful job here

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're tags were a big hit last Sunday. You can tell ALOT of work went into them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are terrific Sandi! You are the "Vintage Queen" (I believe someone else gave you that title and it sure fits) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures were worth waiting for, they are beyond words. Not only are tags one of my favourite things to do but vintage is now my number one concept to try. I know how much hard work and time you put into each one and it shows. I could not pick which one was my best because I want them ALL!!!!! I think I am going to have to book a class and come over to your house and use your stuff and make me a set for myself.....sound like a plan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, Sandi - you are too funny!! I miss you so much, my friend. And I LOVE your vintage projects. Wish I could have seen them "in person". I know they are absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These vintage tags are beautiful. I would love for my cards and other papercrafts to have more of this kind of look. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete