Saturday, April 16, 2011

BIRTHDAY BAKERY

It's birthday time today folks!!  No, it is not my birthday.  However, it seems like Spring is a very popular time in my family for babies to be born.  All of my girls, most of my grandchildren, and the majority of my siblings were all born during March, April, May, and June.  So there are tons of parties going on that is for sure.  I remember when my youngest daughter was born, Tricia, and having to sit in the hallway with her after she was born because there were no rooms available.  One of the nurses told me that the month of April is always their busiest month for births.  So do the math and it becomes very obvious as to why.  Could it be because my husband and I always went on vacation in July (and back in those days, most family vacations were in July)?  Lots of free time and relaxation?  Hmmm, something to think about I guess.

Obviously, I have been doing a lot of birthday cards.  So today I'm sharing another birthday card with you.  Very simple, no frills card but very yummy!

Oh yah!!  Don't you just want to dig into all that chocolate!!  Stampin' Up product used:  "Birthday Bakery Stamp Set;" Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, and Very Vanilla Cardstock; "Sweet and Sour Speciality Designer Paper;" Markers; Decorative Label and Scallop Trim Border Punches; Matchbox Bigz XL Big Shot Die; Neutrals Brads; and discontinued Masterpiece Ribbon Originals.

Here is what the inside looks like (the designer paper on the right bottom does not belong there; I was just covering up my writing as I didn't take a picture before I wrote inside).  The birthday cake is from the "Bring On The Cake Stamp Set" (in the Occasions Mini Catalog).
So there you have it, and now I am off to make some party favors for my girls!!  Have a wonderful weekend everybody.

Sandi
"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. . . ." -- Psalm 139:14
"Lord, may I use my birthday to celebrate the person You created me to be." -- Carol Kuykendall

No comments:

Post a Comment