Monday, April 30, 2012

STAMPIN' UP: ELEGANT BIRD GOES CRAZY

I don't know about you, but I am really ready for some warm weather.  I am so tired of wearing a shirt and 2 sweatshirts over the top and then sometimes a jacket on top over everything.  The weather channel is predicting temperatures in the 70s by end of the week, so I guess we have something to look forward too (not sure if I should have added that extra "o" on the word "too" but I can't end my sentence with a preposition now can I?).  We did need the rain today so I'm not going to disk the rainy day.  Besides I always love how everything looks after a good rain.  Looking out the window while I am typing this is so awesome, as there must be a hundred different shades of green bursting from the landscape.  (No, I don't do "flowers" - just not my thing, but love to stamp and color them!!).

As I promised, today I am showing the final 2 card sets my ladies did at my last class.  One you have seen before (crazy birds!), but it is so worth showing again.  It is crazy, crazy!!  So let's just jump right into what I came up with:

Yep, Stampin' Up's Elegant Bird Bigz Die went crazy on me!!  I have been wanting to share this card with my ladies for a couple of months, so when I told them we would do a birthday card for young males, I knew just what card I was going to create.  Of course you can use this for something other than a birthday (I gave one to my grandson after his first performance in a local play -- he "was" one of the very good ones!!).  Stampin' Up supplies used:  Elegant Bird and Lattice (for beaks) Bigz Dies; Big Shot; Smarty Pants Stamp Set; Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper; So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Baja Breeze, and Poppy Parade Card Stock; Paper Piercing Punch (retired); and Baja Breeze, Poppy Parade, Wild Wasabi, and Black Markers.

This is the same design, just different background designer paper from the Just Add Cake Designer Paper.  I also used the 1/2" Circle Punch for the eyes (so you don't need to go out and buy the Wiggle Eyes).  TIP:  I punched Early Espresso Card Stock with the 1/2" Circle Punch first, then adhered the whole circle to Whisper White Card Stock, then I punched off-center with the 1/2" Circle Punch again -- much easier to get the crazy look -- LOL.

I have also wanted to showcase how beautiful and easy you can make beautiful cards using the Simply Sent Card Kits, especially when you want something in a hurry and don't have tons of supplies.  I didn't add a lot to these cards, as I really didn't want the beautiful lace border and background to get "lost" in the card design.  Adding the punched out dies from the Blossom Builders Designer Printed Kit  to the Everyday Elegance Simply Sent Kit made this a 2-minute card -- just stamp a sentiment, add some ribbon, and punch a circle and you are done!!!

This was the 2nd card using the same product.
If you like these cards and/or the product used to create them, make sure you stop by my Stampin' Up Store and click on the "RETIRING LIST PICTURE" -- product used for these cards will be discontinued in 30 days!!  Stampin’ UP! has released it’s Retiring lists and there are so many goodies on there that you are going to want before they’re gone.  Some of the Accessories are even up to 60% discounted from the regular price. WOWOW!!!   Retiring Accessories are "WHILE SUPPLIES LAST."  You know those are going fast!  If you have questions or need help just give me a call.

Until next time,
Sandi
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord. . . .  He is like a tree planted along a riverbank, with its roots reaching deep into the water. . . ." -- Jeremiah 17:7-8
"Lord, what awesome wisdom You've given us in Your creation!  Give me the heart of an oak:  strong, steady and with the will to endure."  Fay Angus

5 comments:

  1. great cards Sandi, Love how you used the big bird die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister and I got a real chuckle out of this card. I never thought about using the bird die in other ways but this is sure a fun way to upsell it. TFS.

    Penny
    http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going in my workshop and look that die over and figure out how this works. I bought the die and have yet to use it. This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMHO! Now I want this die just because you have found a cool 'other way to use it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete