Thursday, June 28, 2012

STAMPIN UP: TWO BY TWO!!

Do you remember that saying, “Be careful what you wish for?”  Well all of you out there (me included, but especially Tamie Ackerson), should be saying that to yourself right about now.  Remember about 3 months ago when we were all complaining about the cold weather and wishing Spring would get here??  Well, obviously we all wished a little too much – we bypassed Spring again this year and went right into August dog days!!!  The last time I went outside today, it was 100 degrees!  Good news, it will only be in the mid-90s tomorrow (or so they say, which you know we can’t count on).  I really feel sorry for those living south of us.  Needless to say, the swimming pond had another big day of visitors. 

I did sneak in a little time today to pull out one of my new stamps and make a card – it felt sooooo gooood!!!  Nothing spectacular, but something a little different than all the samples I have been seeing (definitely not what you would have thought I would want to use for my first try using a new stamp).  I actually feel in love with it immediately upon seeing it in the new catalog.  And here it is:

Isn't this just the cutest baby shower card!!  This uses the new single stamp, "Two by Two."  I used Confetti White, Marina Mist, Soft Suede, and Watercolor Card Stock; Watercolor Crayons; and the new Fancy Fan and Delicate Designs Textured Impressions Embossing Folders.
Before leaving, I want to show you what my dearest friend sent to me (she always sends me the most beautiful and unusual gifts and this was no exception – except it is also cute, cute, cute!!). 

All of my kids thought this was so cute, but they thought it was just a couch!  Nope, it is a tissue box cover; made out of Stampin' Up's retired Deck the Halls Fabric.  And to answer your question:  "No, I don't have a pattern -- darn!!"  But I am for sure going to make one, as it looks pretty easy.  I have to make a couple more with our current fabric!!

I just had to show you one more picture -- it's just so cute!!

Until next time,

Sandi

“And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you.”  -- Ephesians 4:32

“Lord, let the power of forgiveness be at work in my life today and always.”  -- Erick Fellman

5 comments:

  1. The "couch" is adorable! I love the Two by two stamp set too, and the scallop treatment is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Sandi, that couch tissue cover is too cute. Do share a pattern if you make one. Love your card, too, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I love the tissue holder...and the card is adorable...Be home Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, I just came across this post! This is the cutest little thing!! Lucky you for getting one. I can't wait to see if you create one, too :-)

    ReplyDelete