Sunday, December 30, 2012

GUYS AND BIRTHDAYS!!

Well the New Year is just around the corner, and I really don't feel any different.  I still feel just as young as I did yesterday -- LOL!!  I have been so lazy this week, just like I am every year the week after Christmas.  Tomorrow it is all going to stop, and I'm going to have to get back on schedule.  The first thing I need to tackle is organizing my studio for all the new Stampin' Up product I just received a week ago.  And before I can do that, I have to pack away all the holiday product and the projects I created.  I am one of those kind of people who likes to get rid of all the Christmas decorations right after Christmas -- my house is really starting to look cluttered right now.  I have a feeling this project will take me all week to complete (in between my regular duties), as I have to label all the product before I find room for it somewhere.  More than likely I will end up having a big box to pass on to my daughter and BFF.

Tomorrow is also my husband's birthday -- yes, a New Year's Eve birthday boy!!  I always feel sorry for him because he has to share his birthday with millions of other partyers (like the whole world!!).  So today I spent some time making his birthday card.  I actually ended up making 3 cards, but I decided to give him this one:


I am ashamed to say that I used 23 Stampin' Up products to make this card (including inside).  I like to use only one stamp set and maybe a different one for a sentiment, but I just couldn't get the look I wanted without using all this product (which I loved). 
Leave me a comment to see if you can list at least 20 items I used to make this card (include inside of card in next picture).  If somebody guesses at least 20 items with no mistakes, I might have some great blog candy for you!!

Inside of the card.

This was the first card I made, but I didn't think it was as "personal" as the one above -- but I still LOVE, LOVE this card.  It was really fun making it and using the new product.  I love the new metal buttons because they are really thin and much better for mailing.
Okay, this is all I have for today.  I can't show you my other card because I am mailing it to somebody who visits my blog every once in a while -- and with my luck this would be the time!! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Until next time,
Sandi
"Let me know, O Lord, my end and what is the number of my days, that I may learn how frail I am."  -- Psalm 39:5

5 comments:

  1. VERY cute cards Sandi!!! Love all of your blog projects. :-)
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. 23 items...that's quite the card, Sandi. I love the hex card, though. Did you cut all those hexagons by hand? Did you ink the folder to get the color inside the embossed areas? Those silver buttons are a perfect fit. I will have to get them when I get the folder.

    I'm going to start off the list of 23 for some other lucky person to flesh out further and win your blog candy. I spy: SAB stamp set, possibly a cut from new framelits dies, new scallop circle punch and stamp set below it, perhaps the scallop circle that was new in the Holiday catalog, new designer kit, piercing pack, etc, etc. That leaves the fun of "naming names" for the winner along with finding the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi, I really like the card to your hubby. Happy bday to him, by the way. What is the bkgd? Is it DSP or that stamp from The Open Sea?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Sandi. How did you get those little hexagons--did you CUT all those out?!
    I just read the comments above see that I'm not the only one astonished by your paper snips prowess! :-)

    Gracious--that was fun trying to figure out your supplies! I just can't figure out where "husband" came from...
    ticket punch, scallop punches (1 & 7/8in), feeling sentimental stamps, print Poetry paper, apothecary framelit, 1/2in circle punch, sponge, paper piercer, midnight muse ink, primrose petals cs, kraft cs, whisper white cs, real red cs, You're Amazing stamps, Blue Ribbon stamps, ciao, baby stamps, pop up posies kit, dimentionals, glue stick (or snail)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Husband is from the Family Reunion stamp set.I think the Tag is from the Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit. Love this card by the way.

    ReplyDelete