Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Heritage Album

What have I been working on in my spare time and at all my scrap booking events for the past 2 years??? Those of you who know me personally know that I am a VERY slow scrapbooker, so it comes as no surprise that I have been working on my Heritage Album this long. But I am getting there -- 30+ pages done finally (just a little more journaling needed). So, to speed up the process, I decided to do Heritage album page layouts for my scrap days (they are all day, and attendees make two 12" x 12" pages designed by me that is included in their cost for the day of scrapping). Actually, I try to do generic layouts for them as some have kids/some don't; some only do pages for girls/some for boys -- so you get the picture: my pages have to be very generic.

So why not design something that I can use also -- yah, I'm always thinking of myself!! But the nice thing is that we all scrap until we drop after doing my class designs and they get to use all of my non-perishable SU products to design more "personal" pages. So it's a win-win situation.


Here are pictures of my last scrap booking class designs. I love the Baroque Motifs stamp set. It is so versitile depending on the colors used and sentiments. (Makes beautiful cards also.)


Yes, these are discontinued colors and DSP but I was designing under a handicap -- my new order hadn't arrived yet, and I didn't have enough supplies for everybody using current product (besides, I wanted my paper to match my stamp sets). But, rest assured, I held a card class the same time and used all product from the current Occasions Mini (which I purchased every item in it because I LOVED everything). I hope you like them as much as my customers did.

I will post a couple of my card designs from my card class soon. Today I have to finish up my birthday gift to one of my daughters: a card organizer full of my cards. I have over 50 cards in it now, and just have to finish up with the Flower Power Simply Sent Card Elements kit to add to the collection before I can wrap. She does not stamp herself (boo-hoo) like my other daughter and had mentioned she would love a box of cards. Like all moms -- how could I not make a box of cards for her birthday!!!

1 comment:

  1. I had a great time making this double page layout! You always have creative ideas Mother, keep up the good work. Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete