Of course I also love shabby chic, so with a little bit of ink and the “Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder,” modern was turned into shabby chic. Here is the finished card:
|I am so very glad I ended up buying the Pop'N Cuts Card Base Die. Yes it's pricey, but there is so much we will be able to create with this die.|
|Here is what it looks like when it is opened to show the gift card pocket.|
Stamps: Just For You, From My Heart, Bloomin' Marvelous.
Card Stock: Primrose Petals Core'dinations and Pool Party.
Ink: Midnight Muse and Raspberry Ripple.
Tools and Accessories: Pop'N Cuts Card Base Die; Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit; Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder; Sanding Block; Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Bitty Butterfly Punch; Sticky Strip; Stampin' Dimensionals; Paper Piercing Tool, Sponge.
- Cut 4 ½" x 12" Primrose Petals Core' dinations card stock and run through the Big Shot using the Pop'N Cuts Card Base Die.
- Fold card base on score lines to make pocket card.
- Emboss top front fold and bottom fold using the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder (middle section is not embossed.
- Lightly sand embossed card stock with Sanding Block.
- Do not adhere the bottom fold with the middle to make the pocket yet; just apply sticky part of Sticky Strip on inside edge of 2 bottom sides. Leave orange plastic on outside of Sticky Strip for now, and just set aside card base.
- Stamp "Just For You," using Midnight Muse Classic Ink, on one of the embossed tags from the Pop Up Posies Designer Kit.
- Stamp butterflies from Bloomin' Marvelous Stamp Set, using Midnight Muse Classic Ink.
- Punch out butterflies using Bitty Butterfly Punch and attach with Stampin' Dimensionals to embossed tag.
- Sponge Midnight Muse ink around the embossed tag and adhere to the top front fold of card (I wrapped the top half of the tag to the back of card to reinforce card base, but you can just trim if you want).
- Going back to the card base, remove the backing from the Sticky Strip (back of bottom fold); and using 2 pieces of the Extra-Thick Vanilla Baker's Twine from Pop Up Posies Designer Kit, wrap like the picture so the ends are adhered in the back on the Sticky Strip.
- Fold up the bottom flap to make your pocket to adhere Sticky Strip.
- Use 7 of the Pool Party Pop Up Posies flower petals and sponge with Midnight Muse ink. Mist and crunch flowers. Carefully unwrap scrunched flowers and air dry or use Heat Tool.
- Stack flower petals and pierce hole in center to insert small Very Vanilla Brad from the Pop Up Posies Designer Kit. Adhere to card as pictured.
- I used 2 Stampin' Dimensionals under the center fold of the pocket card to (by the slits) to keep the little 1" flap down when removing the top front from the slots.
- Cut 3" x 4" piece of Pool Party Card Stock and stamp "Happy Birthday" from the "From My Heart" stamp set. Use Corner Rounder punch on top 2 sides, adhere gift card, and insert in pocket.
P.S. You only have a couple of days left to get the Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit (Item # 131395) before it is gone forever!!
Until next time,
"I will praise your name, for You have done wonderful things." -- Isiah 25:1