Sunday, November 27, 2011

ADVENT CALENDAR: 25 & COUNTING

Glory be!!!  Finally I have my Advent Calendars completed.  I can only show you one because that is the only one I have a picture for (yah, nothing like waiting until the last moment -- my favorite saying!!).  I started this project in the middle of October because I had to put the Advent Boxes together (yes, that was a story that we won't go into now).  It came in about 5 flat boards, which you glued together and then made the boxes and glued them together.  Okay, got that done and thought the worst was over -- nope, opened my paint up that was mixed at store to match Stampin' Up's Cherry Cobbler and it was an ugly pink/orange!!  Okay, didn't get real upset as I had my backup mixed paint that was matched with Stampin' Up's Early Expresso.  You can probably guess what color that looked like -- I can't write what I was thinking, but a synonym would be "do-do."  I called my husband in despair, and he came to the rescue by going back to the paint store.  Of course, they made him pay for a new can and could only create a color for the Cherry Cobbler -- Early Espresso was not in their computer (don't ask, that would be another book).  The good news is that I got them painted in time for the Creative Retreat weekend, but only managed to get my Stampin' Up designer paper glued on 50 boxes (hey, Ronda keeps us busy).  So for the entire month of November I have been designing all the boxes off and on -- yep, this week was crunch time!!

Okay, if you are still with me, how about some pictures?  These are not the best because we have no sunshine today (just rain), but if you right-click and open in new window or tab you can see the larger picture.  I will take it as a "yes" that you don't want me to write any longer and just show the pictures -- LOL.
 
And here it is!!
 


Sorry, this is a little blurry, but best I could do at my age!  These are my favorite 2 boxes (just love the shaker frame with all that dazzling diamonds).  And yes, that would be our retired Pretties Kit hanging off the ornament.
 
Don't drop over - - I actually sewed Santa's bag with Deck the Halls Designer Fabric and lining!! Hanging is a Beveled Windowpane.


 ADVENT CALENDAR WITH MY DIGITAL STUDIO & SUPPLIES (PARTIAL LIST)


Stamps: 25 & Counting

Ink: Marina Mist, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Early Expresso, Soft Suede, Mahogany Distressing Ink, Versa Mark

Paper: Marina Mist, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Early Expresso, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Red and Silver Glimmer Paper, Crumb Cake and Letters to Santa and Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper.

Big Shot Dies: Peek-A-Boo Frames, Stocking Accents, Northern Frost, #2 Circles, Movers & Shakers

Punches (some that I remember): Curly Label, Large Tag, Doily Triple Layer, Ribbon Border, Eyelet Border, Scallop Square, 1” circle and Square, 1 ¼” Square and Circle, & Postage Stamp.

Ribbon: Victoria, Very Vanilla Satin, Cherry Cobbler Stripped Grosgrain, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Whisper White Taffeta, Cherry Cobbler Quilted, Vanilla Designer Velvet, and Baker’s Twine.

Additional Accessories: Stitched Felt, Shaker Frame, Beveled Windowpane, Basic Rhinestones and Pearls, Gold and White Embossing Powders, Dazzling Diamonds, Vintage Trinkets, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Deck the Halls Fabric, Jingle Bells, On-Board Sheets, Dazzling Details, Anywhere Glue Stick, Multipurpose Liquid Glue Stick, Glue Dots, Crystal Effects, and Distressing Essentials (Precision Tools). (You will see a few discontinued items also; e.g., Hodgepodge Hardware and Pretties Kit).

The supply list above probably does not include a few things, as I started putting things away before I thought of writing down everything I use.  Let's just put it this way -- my "inspiration table" is 10 feet long and it was covered and stacked in some places!!
 
Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment -- I always appreciate feedback (pros & cons).
 
Until Next Time,
Sandi
"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength. . . ."  -- Mark 12:30
"Lord, help me to love as intensely as You do."  -- Lucile Allen

Print This Page

11 comments:

  1. Wow....wow....what else can you say!! Fantastic my dear!! Love it all.. now if I could make one. Where did you find the frame? Lovely piece of art work..something your family should cherish from year to year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I've been thinking that I would get some done but since it's only few days to Dec I guess it probably won't be happening. I love yours. Do you want to sell them?
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi - wow! This is a gorgeous keepsake!! I am so impressed that you personalized it so! I have seen so many people doing exactly the same thing - congrats for such a wonderful work of art! I'm sure the family will treasure it!! Peggy
    http://stampinpegcadillo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi this is absolutely gorgeous. I'm sure your children/grandchildren will absolutely adore it. This is a true labour of love with such attention to details. Truly something to cherish and admire for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandi,
    WOW !! I'm sure your family will enjoy them. What a wonderful family
    keepsake !

    Barb Harmon

    ReplyDelete
  6. This turned out awesome. Beautiful job I am sure your family will love it.
    Chea Bonin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this beautiful work of art with all of us. This is a keepsake for sure.
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this the best of any I have seen so far!
    thanks for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! My favourite is definatey the shaker box Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoWWie! You did an absoulutely fabulous job. Now no one is allowed to touch it right? I love all the details that you put on, it must have taken you forever. Putting the boxes together and painting it must have been a walk in the park compared to all the details. thanks for sharing this beautiful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandi, everybody has already said my thoughts. I think the center part is really precious.Ethan,Trish & their children will cherish this forever and even generations beyond. Of all the things you have made this will have to be #1. TFS (I am glad you met your deadline!) Lois

    ReplyDelete