Saturday, March 16, 2013

CHALKBOARD TECHNIQUE & STUFF

Been playing with my stamps the last couple of days.  I rarely get a chance to do this, and really didn't have the time the last couple of days.  But I'm the kind of person who prefers to start a design then leave it overnight, so I actually only spent about an hour each day when I was watching TV and didn't want to fall asleep in the middle of a show like I would if I was just sitting on the couch -- LOL!!

So today I'm going to show you the good and bad (this is how I learn).  I have been wanting to do the chalkboard technique for ages after seeing so many beautiful cards done by others.  The technique is easy, just emboss your stamps in whisper white embossing powder, add a few highlights using your white watercolor pencil, then sponge a little Whisper White Craft Ink on your Basic Black Card Stock.  EZ, PZ!!  So here is my favorite one out of the group:

I just love this for a child's birthday!!  Stampin' Up supplies used:  the new Photopolymer Designer Typeset and Henry Says Stamp Sets; Calypso Coral and Basic Black Card Stock; Natural Composition Speciality Designer Paper; White Watercolor Pencil; White Gel Pen; Sponge; Whisper White Embossing Powder; and Word Window Punch.

I used the Blooming with Kindness Stamp Set for this card, with Summer Starfruit Card Stock for the card base.

This was my first try -- so be kind!!

I was just messing around with my new Dress Up Framelits for this card.  After I made this one I did some really gorgeous dresses -- but can't show them right now -- LOL!!  I really like to make my own "material" for the dresses.  I'll let you figure out how I made the material for this dress.


And lookie here!!  My new addition to my stampin' studio -- a ribbon storage unit!!  I so love it -- thank you Ronda!!!  If you look closely (or enlarge the picture by right-clicking and selecting "open in new tab"), you will notice some neat little tricks I have picked up from other stampers.  I love the idea for using the clipboard, with tin foil, for embossing.  You just clip your card stock to the board and heat (no more burnt fingers).  I also keep my embossing powder in a Keurig K-Cup Coffee Carousel.  (I love it, but need to get another for all the new Stampin' Up colors!)  I also use coffee filters to catch my embossing powder instead of the trays because I can dump the excess back into the jars without it sticking to the paper.
I hope you enjoyed seeing what I do in my "off-time."  I would love to get your comments.

Until next time,
Sandi

“And he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, understanding, knowledge, and with all craftsmanship, to devise artistic designs, to work in gold, silver, and bronze…” --  Exodus 35:31-32

10 comments:

  1. How did you get your ribbon rack already? Did you go and pick it up? I can hardly wait for mine but I've got to move some thing around in my craft room before then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't take you long to fill that baby up!

    Tamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your ribbon rack! Oh, that I had a wall to hang something like that. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip about the coffee filters. I hadn't heard that one before! All your projects are darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Sandi; just stumbled across your blog.Don't you love the Keurig K-Cup Coffee Carousel for storing your supplies?? I too would love to know where you got the beautiful ribbon storage cabinet. Thanks in advance and TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your chalkboard cards and really like your dress. Your ribbon holder is nice but how do you get to the top row? I like the idea of using the coffee filters, will have to do that. Remember all those filters you gave me many years ago for a large coffee maker? well, I knew someday I would find a use for them. LOL By the way, I have been using tin foil for several years and yes it does save your fingers/hand from severe burns!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love me all Sandi!! Esp the Spider Mum... it turned out gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your ribbon station! I am so jealous. Love the EP in the K-Cup holder; so clever. And I didn't know about the coffee filter for the EP; I'll have to try that.
    Happy Thursday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had difficulties using the chalkboard technique, but looks like you've got it down! Thanks also for the great heat embossing clip board trick, great idea!

    ReplyDelete