Yesterday I had an awesome surprise in my e-mail. I received my VERY FIRST AWARD presented to me by the talented Regina Andari. To accept this award, I have to tell you eight things about myself that you might not know, and then I get to present (pay it forward) the award to eight other blogs that I enjoy. First, I will tell you a few things about myself:
- In February, I will have been an independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator for 6 years.
- I never had a stamp in my hand until the night I signed up as a demonstrator. (They call that "love on first sight.)
- I started working when I was 13, cleaning houses; as my mom was a single, divorced mom with 8 children she raised on her own. In those days, if you wanted "extras" (more than food on the table and a roof on your head) you had to WORK for it.
- Everybody thinks I dye my hair -- I don't!!
- My grandmother was a Native American Indian, making it almost impossible for me to trace her ancestors!
- People don't believe this, but I am a very shy person (e.g. when I got married I didn't ask for any time off work because I was too embarrassed to ask). Being a demonstrator has helped getting over this issue, as most of my sidelines will tell you (especially when you have a leader who pushes you to give presentations).
- I started working for the State of Michigan, Department of Civil Service, when I was 18 years old, taking fingerprints of every new hire to the state and checking their police records. (There are lots of stories I could tell you about this!!)
- And finally the most important thing, if you are still reading this long post; I have truly been blessed with awesome people in my life. No matter if it has been in my professional or personal life, all of my friends are truly intelligent, willing to share their knowledge with me, very patient with me, are filled with charity for others, and last (but not least) accept me just the way I am.
The Queen of the RubberQueens, Ronda Wade.Take a few minutes and visit their blogs (if you don't already) and leave a comment. I promise you will not be disappointed!!
Ronda's Partner in Crime, Tamie Ackerson.
My Partner in Crime, Lynn Schulz.
Leader of the Pack, Janet Wakeland.
Fabulous Artwork, Ann Fitton.
Lots of Tips and beautiful work, Sage Kimble.
Awesome vintage and more, Carole'Ann Sluchinski.
Always gets my "mojo" going, CherylAnn Robinson.
Now, because you have lasted this long reading all of this (and hopefully visited and left comments on the above), I whipped up a card real quick to show you one of the new stamp sets from the Occasions Mini Catalog just released.
|Not one of my best cards, but I had fun playing with the new "Baby Blossoms" stamp set. I promise I will do more with this set, as I can see it is going to be a fun one to play with.|
"Contentment is realizing that God has already given me everything I need." -- Our Daily Bread