Thursday, December 30, 2010

HOOT, HOOT OWLS

Well another year is almost coming to a close, and even worse tax time is almost upon us!!  I don't know why, but as soon as New Year's Eve is upon us, I start fretting about paying taxes again on money that I already paid taxes on when I was working.  Something about that just doesn't seem right.  Hindsight, I should have taken everything in cash when I was working, put it in my canning jars, and buried it in my back yard.  Most people would say:  "Oh no, Sandi, you need to invest it to make more with interest."  Well, have you looked at how much interest you are getting on your savings lately, or checked out your 401K to see how much you are making on your investments???  Trust me, the government is double-dipping on my money with more in taxes than any interest I am receiving on my investments.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer about saving your money.  It's just that instead of canning my vegetables all those years (to put money in savings), I should have just put my money in the jars (and of course, I would have sealed the jars because we all know that money gets really dirty if you just put it in a box).

Oh my gosh, here I go showing my age again by rambling on about a subject that has nothing to do with what you came here for -- but at least it is good advice!!  Tomorrow is my husband's birthday, and of course I waited until the last minute to make his card, but it's done.  YES, YES, YES -- I hate doing masculine cards (doesn't everybody????).  So this is the best I could come up with:

I used the "Eastern Blooms" stamp set and the "Owl Punch" to create this card, using the Direct to Paper technique.  I have to say it was rather difficult to create the sunset without having my "Bordering Blue" classic ink, but I was bound and determined to use only current product.  I ended up using "Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, and Pacific Point Classic Inks" for the sunset and a little "Basic Gray Classic Ink" for the snow drifts.  I also used "My Digital Studio" to do a personal sentiment on the outside and inside.
 
No, I don't have another project to share so I thought I would show you a Christmas Day picture at my daughter's (Tricia's) house for dinner and gifts.  Most of my children were not able to be here this year for Christmas, but Tricia made it very special for all 19 of us attending.  So here are the names of three of my loves in my life (from left to right):  Emily who just bought her first house at the age of 20 and moved into it that week; her sister Holly who turns 16 in February, Gary, my birthday boy husband; and Tricia my daughter who is in every picture she can pop into before the shutter clicks.
Well it's time for me to figure out what I'm going to fix for dinner (let's see, hot dogs or egg sandwich?) so I leave you with these words:  May your New Year bring you many blessings and peace for ALL!!
Sandi
"I will remember the works of the Lord; surely I will remember Your wonders of old."
 -- Psalm 77:11

2 comments:

  1. Sandi, I love your card. You do a great job of blending the colors. I loved all the photos you sent. So glad to hear that Emily is a home owner!! I am going to surprise you before the weekend is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got the manly look all right on this one. Like I said on the phone I like the beard on the first owl, LOL....

    ReplyDelete