Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A LITTLE OF THIS AND THAT -- WITH STAMPIN' UP!

Will it ever stop snowing??????????  I do believe it is going into the 4th month of snow on the ground (and I'm not talking about a little snow -- we are running out of places to pile it)!!  I have been playing around with different projects this week that have been on my TO-DO LIST (you know, the one that never ends and you write it on a roll of toilet paper!!).  I got caught up for this month making Project H.O.P.E. cards for those in need of God's help and love, finally did my 2013 Christmas Card Album, and created a "JOY" jar for Ronda Wade's challenge to all RubberQueens for our meeting tonight.  So you are getting a little of this and that in today's post -- hope you like.

I was going for a stained glass look with this card so I picked this paper from the Quatrefancy Specialty Designer Series Paper.  I thought it looked like a modern version of a stained glass window.

This is my "JOY" jar for Ronda's challenge to decorate a jar to hold notes of joy in your life.  However, I decided it will hold little notes of daily things in my life that I am grateful for having (hence, the tag).  I stamped the flowers (Stippled Blossoms Stamp Set) on the blue tissue paper in my Paper Pumpkin Kit, applied Mod Podge over the entire outside of the jar, and then wrapped the tissue paper around the jar. After it dries, apply another coat of the Mod Podge.  Ink used:  Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Midnight Muse, and Island Indigo (same for the ribbon).

A close-up of the top.  Product used:  Island Indigo Core'dinations Card Stock, Spiral Flower Bigz Die, Tea Lace Paper Doily (applying Wild Wasabi Ink with Brayer), Bird Builder Punch on Wild Wasabi Card Stock for leaves, and Crystal Effects to attach flowers and leaves.

Okay, it is a little late but I finally got my album done to hold the Christmas cards received this year.  I use to put them in my regular photo album each year with my family Christmas pictures but this was taking up too much space.  I don't know about you, but I hate to throw away hand-made cards as they are so beautiful and many cards today have family pictures included, so this works great to keep them.  I like this so well that next year I will make my album in November; and as I get cards, I will slip them in the album instead of hanging on my wall.  Friends and family will be able to browse threw the album even after the decorations come down!!  Mostly all of the Stampin' Up! product used to make this chipboard album were from the Holiday Mini.  To make the front and back covers, I measured the length and width of the largest cards and cut my Stampin' Up Chipboard accordingly.

Until next time,
Sandi

"I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears."  -- Psalm 34:5

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Love all your projects, especially the jar and the album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stellar designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Christmas card album idea! The jar was very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete