Wednesday, March 19, 2014

WATERCOLOR AND TISSUE

How do you like that title???  Sometimes I run out of ideas when it comes to putting a title on a blog post, so this time this is all I could come up with.  What does water coloring and tissues have in common -- NOTHING!!  At least not for this post, but maybe in the future I will come up with a technique using both of them together -- my wheels are spinning already!  However, I am going to show you projects today using both of these.  So let's get right to it with the water coloring first: 

I got this idea from Sandi MacIver and just had to make these for this month's thank-you cards to clients.  They scream "Spring" and so easy-peasy to make.  I used the "Another Thank You Photopolymer Stamp Set" for the embossed sentiment.

Here is a group shot.  They are all different as I was just trying different brush strokes.

Here are all the supplies I needed (except VersaMark and Black Embossing Powder needed for the sentiment).  The Ink Refill colors I chose were:  Coastal Cabana, Pistachio Pudding, Summer Starfruit, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Strawberry Slush. Heat Emboss your sentiment or image first.  For the water coloring, start with about 10 drops of Ink Refill in the lid of each stamp pad and mist some water in each (one squeeze of mist).  Prior to applying ink to Water Color Cardstock, brush clear water (see bowl and large brush at top of picture) all over the cardstock.  Then, using a separate brush for each color, apply ink to the Water Color Cardstock.  You might want to hold the cardstock down with your tweezers when applying the color.  Let it dry (or use your Heat Tool after the ink has sat a few minutes).  That's it -- easy-peasy!!  I used the same method to create the flowers.
I finished the project below last night for my husband's bathroom.  I have made many of these tissue box covers, but never with a "male" theme.  This was so much harder because I had to keep it manly (you know how I love adding flowers and ribbon -- but not this time), plus I used more pictures than normally because I couldn't make up my mind which ones to use.  So here is where the "tissue" came from:

I love these acrylic tissue box covers because you can change out the design whenever you want (which I have done before).  I had a few of these left over from a class I had a few years back and got them out because my daughter wants to make a couple at Retreat next week.

Here are all four sides to the box (and yes, I added Stampin' Up Designer Series Paper to the top).  Another quick and easy project.
Let me know what you think of the beautiful water coloring technique and give it a try, you will have so much fun!!

Until next time,

Sandi

"I will rescue you . . ., and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm." -- Exodus 6:6

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great instructions on your Watercoloring the card!!

    The tissue box is divine~ did you buy the acrylic box locally? This would be a fun class. Sandy your blog always makes me smile, so full of color and fun!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete