Thursday, March 12, 2015

BUILD A BOUQUET FLOWER KIT AND MORE!!

Do you know how hard it is to craft when you are finally seeing and feeling sunshine in months???  Here in Michigan the snow is finally starting to melt and I'm seeing patches of green in the yard -- YIPPIE!!!  But nothing compares to going outside without 4 layers of sweatshirts and coats on (and sometimes I wrap in a blanket).  So I decided to celebrate the coming of spring with finalizing my Build a Bouquet Project Kit from Stampin' Up.  I started this at retreat a couple of weeks ago (did a whopping 4 flowers) and pulled it back out this last weekend to work on it.  Of course I did some of my flowers a little different, just because I wanted it to be "mine."  But all in all, I loved the end result.  However, buyers beware:  this is not a kit that you will sit down and finish in a couple of hours (unless your name is Tamie Ackerson).  But that is okay for me, as I never finish a project in a couple of hours -- did Picasso?  It actually took me longer to decorate my flower pot than it did to assemble the flowers (that's a whole story in itself -- let's just say, on the 4th layer I finally was satisfied).  And now that I am finished, I'm so glad I got the coordinating stamp set and Big Shot Bouquet Bigz L Die so I can make more.  So here is my finished bouquet and flower pot:


Well after doing 3 different layers of designs on this metal can, I finally liked my 4th layer using the Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper; and for the tag, I used the matching Painted Petals Stamp Set with the tag, ribbon, and twine included in the Build a Bouquet Project Kit.  I wanted to use this designer paper right from the get-go, but I was going through one of those, "I love it so much I can't give it up" moods.  In the end, I knew this is what I wanted and nothing else was going to "work" for me so just clinched my teeth (and cried a little) as I glued it on the can -- now I'm happy!!

This was my name tag/card sitting on my table when I went to Retreat.

One of our make'n takes we did at Retreat.

Pillow gift from Ronda Wade and Jenny Peterson at Retreat (filled with a package of the new Itty Bitty Accents Epoxy Stickers).

Another make'n take with a birthday card inside the pocket.
Until next time,
Sandi

"For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand saying unto thee, Fear not; I will keep thee." 
-- Isaiah 41:13

4 comments:

  1. I love your bouquet of flowers and the vase/can matches it perfectly. thanks for sharing your make n takes and gifts from the retreat. I still haven't made one of those bags yet...I did complete about 12 or more cards from those kits I have been collecting. lol I ordered something and it came today and next time we talk on phone I will tell you about it. You will love it I'm sure. I will be bringing in to retreat to work on. TFS. see you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finally finished it, cannot believe it! It turned out great Mother. I have a great spot in my house to display them. Just throwing that out there-LOL!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi, the bouquet is lovely enough but the vase is outstandingly gorgeous! I love it!
    Sue Erickson
    www.soggystamper.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is WOW. I'm still struggling through making the flowers. The Daisy stumped me for a while, but finally got them done today. Tomorrow the last one. Your bouquet looks gorgeous, and I love what you did with the vase. Great going!!

    ReplyDelete