Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'm Back Ladies!!

Well I am so excited because I have lots of new projects to show you for at least the next couple of weeks. First let me tell you, I had a wonderful time at the RubberQueen meeting yesterday. Ronda, Queen of the RubberQueens, had one of her all-day affairs that was jam-packed with presentations, swaps, and displays. We had presentations on ten different techniques, and then we all made a technique book after the presentations. I did a presentation on the Dry Debossing Technique. I won't even go into how flustered I was and confirmed in front of everybody why I am ---- a hobbyist and do not do workshops (even tho I know Ronda is trying to teach me, she just doesn't realize what she has to work with yet -- or maybe after yesterday she does). But Ronda has the greatest group of ladies on her team, so they just laughed with me and I got through the dreaded ordeal. And I still had a great day, because I love it when I learn something new (which just about all the techniques were new for me yesterday).

Above are my album pages showcasing the Dry Debossing technique.

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Sanded Background
INK: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, StazOn Brown
CARDSTOCK/PAPER: Cottage Wall DSP and Old Olive, Orchid Opulence, and Whisper White Cardstock
ACCESSORIES: Elegant Bouquet Embossing Folder, On Board Essentials, On Board Simon Lower (discontinued), Rub-Ons, Ribbon, Jumbo Eyelet, Jumbo Brad, Pop can (cut), Clear Embossing Powder, and Punches.

This was the first time I had used metal (cut from a used pop can) to run through my Big Shot. I was so surprised how easy and smooth it went through the Big Shot. Excellent for using in the Embossing Folder because it is a very thin metal. After embossing, I turned it over to the "debossed" side and rubbed on some StazOn Brown ink and then some Clear Embossing Powder while still wet, then heat set and applied some rub-ons. I used SU Sticky Tape to apply it to the chipboard tag. And yes, I now have 2 more pages done for my Heritage Album!!

Thanks for stopping by and stop back tomorrow for more samples!!
Sandi

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you posted this because I forgot to ask you yesterday about how you did the metal tag. I think this is a super cool idea and it turned out great. Now I am going to have to go to Connie's and swipe some of her cans.

    I love the color combinaton that you choose for your pages. You know how I am with brown but this works for me and I would case this for sure. Your layout is great and flows good.

    The best thing is the group picture of us because we are next to eachother hugging. So I am sending hugs with this comment great job.

    Your sister Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathleen. I still am surprised that you liked my layout as you don't normally like things this busy. I forgot to tell you why I put that flower (punched) in the corner of the picture under Roger. If you remember, Roger had a flaw in his PJ's (thankfully he had on underware), so I had to cover that up. Back in the days when this picture was taken, we didn't think about things like that -- aah, the joys of innosence and ignorance. This was always one of my favorite pictures (too bad Richard was in the Air Force by then and not in the picture), and well worth the cost of having it professionally reproduced and enlarged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were AWESOME yesterday....I always get flustered, and I think you did perfect! I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your time, and effort and how much you bring to this group! Hey, Kathleen, maybe you can take a technique next time, too!!

    ReplyDelete