Friday, June 18, 2010

OPPORTUNITY NIGHT

Good Morning America!!

Yes, it is a little later in the morning -- but still morning!!  Today is a very quick posting to show you samples of projects from my Opportunity Night last Friday. I held the event to present the great opportunities Stampin' Up provides for running your own business or just signing on as a demonstrator to purchase product at a discount.  With Stampin' Up offering a promotion package this month to sign up as a demonstrator for as little as $99, this is a great time to join a leading company for stamps and accessories.

So we had a little wine and cheese and thoroughly enjoyed the night.  I ran the event more or less like a workshop, but featured only one stamp set (Watercolor Trio) which currently comes in the $99 starter kit promotion.  The ladies were amazed at how much they could do with only one stamp set, two sheets of Designer Series Paper, and 3 markers.  This is such a versatile set and I loved it even before the starter kit came out.  Here are some pictures of the simple projects made that are great for first-time stampers.

Card using Watercolor Trio Stamp Set; Old Olive and Orchard Opulence Cardstock; and Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper.


Another card using same products listed above.  I showed them how lovely this card was even without the flower and how just adding the flower made it into a WOW card.  The flower was simply punched, sponged on edges, misted with water, wadded up and unwrapped before adding brad and dimensional to attach.



This picture and the below picture were just little notebooks and SU pens I made in two different designs for my guests as a thank you for attending.



I hope you enjoyed my projects, please be sure to leave a comment.  I'll be back soon with pictures from my card class tomorrow.

Sandi

4 comments:

  1. Nice fast and simple but elegant cards, keeper as far as I am concerned, like them both. Need to try one of the roses they look like fun to make and you are right what a WOW to a card. Like the added gift idea, nice touch to your guests, wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was there too Sandi! Great projects....here's hoping it was a successful evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful assortment! I hope the opportunity night went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandi, I am just now able to get online (from camp!) Love the simple - but elegant cards. Of course plum (purple family) is one of my favorite colors. Your nice touch of the notepad and pen was also very cute.

    ReplyDelete