Monday, February 28, 2011

TRY STAMPIN' ON TUESDAY #4 - MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRD

Here it is Week #4 already of the Try Stampin' On Tuesday Challenges.  Boy has that went fast.  As one of the Design Team Members, I was very excited to do this challenge because I have wanted to use the "Nature Walk Stamp Set" every since my good friend Tamie Ackerson posted all of her samples using this stamp set.  I cannot believe I was able to wait this long, but wanted to wait until I had the right design so I could showcase the Watercolor Technique with "Stampin' Ups Watercolor Wonder Crayons.";  (Page 194, of the IBC).  I so love working with their crayons, even tho I find it a challenge, I think they are easier to work with for coloring then the pencils.  Plus, how awesome is it that you can coordinate your colors with all of SU's color collection (card stock, designer paper, ribbon, brads, etc.).  I have yet to find any other company that has this capability.  Yes, I am a total Stampin' Up geek, but I love their quality products and how everything coordinates.

Week 4 Challenge Design:

MY DESIGN: 
My take on a Mountain Bluebird from the Rocky Mountains Region.  Supplies Included:  "Nature Walk Stamp Set"; Marina Mist and River Walk Card Stock"; "Watercolor Paper";"Botanical Gazette Designer Series Paper"; "Marina Mist and River Walk Classic Ink"; "Navy and Tea Stain Ink"; "Marina Mist 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon"; "Stampin' Dimensionals"; "Watercolor Wonder Crayons"; "Aqua Painter"; "Distressing Essentials"; and "Cutter Kit Distressing Tool."
Please click on the picture to enlarge, as it is a little busy looking in this small picture (well it might be a little busy looking for some of you even if it is enlarged, but I love it!!).  And you will notice I couldn't go more than a week without doing another vintage.  Design-wise, I feel you have so many more options when doing vintage projects, what do you think?

You know the routine by now, check out CherylAnn's blog (HERE), to get more information on the challenge and to see the rest of the design team's samples.  We had an awesome group for the challenge last week, but let's top that this week. 

Good Luck!
Sandi
"Consider this:  whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will also reap bountifully." -- 2 Corinthians 9:6

10 comments:

  1. You were right you do have a winner here. Love, Love, Love it, much better than a wonka bird :)LOL. I want you to do a class and show me how you did this card step by step!!!! CherylAnn should have a seperate contest with the designers overall so we can pick the winners and you would be a shoe in for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty...great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your main background and the bird's background are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card. Are you thinking about the art contest for convention? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Another beautiful card. I just love your blog and your creations.
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Lynn, you should be sending these in! It looks like a painting in a gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow , your card is soooo wonderful !!!
    I'm loving it !
    Greetings from Austria
    Heike

    ReplyDelete