Thursday, March 10, 2011

RUBBERQUEEN MEETING & SWAP

Good Evening Everybody!
I had to make sure I posted tonight so I wouldn't forget to tell you this very exciting news.  It won't mean much to those that don't live in Michigan, but for me it was a WOW day.  I had actually already experienced this last week, but failed to mention it because I thought I was dreaming, but today I had a witness so I know it was not my imagination.  Have you guessed yet?  Okay, I will spill the beans.  This morning around 7 a.m., when I was having my cup of coffee and sitting on the front porch talking with my sister, you will never believe what I heard and she heard from my phone.  Yep, that's right -- all the birds chirping!!  She was totally floored because they were so loud.  To me it was music in my ears.  You know what that means, Spring is around the corner.  Count on it -- the birds know!!!  Every year I know when the birds come back, the weather will warm up.  Plus, the wild turkeys are all over the place (doing their thing and driving my dogs crazy), so I think they are looking to make their nests.  I have yet to get a really good picture of them or the birds (we have some very colorful birds -- but then my husband feeds them better than us).  So tomorrow (if I remember -- and that is a big "if"), I am going to carry my camera around with me to see if I can get some good pictures.  Anyway (as Helen D. would say), my sister was thrilled that she got to hear them singing and I was thrilled because I could see and hear them (she said the birds haven't come back to her place yet).

So as long as I'm here, I might as well show you my swap card I did for Ronda Wade's RubberQueen meeting Tuesday night and a few that I received.  Everybody votes on their favorite card and the winner receives a prize from Ronda.  Let's just say I did not vote for myself this time -- I mean there were some GORGEOUS cards!!  I have quite a few already set aside to CASE at upcoming classes.  And here they are:

The winning card, done by Heidi Wilkins, using the "Baby Blossoms" stamp set from the Occasions Mini.

Here is mine using the Hostess Level I stamp from the Occasions Mini, "A Slice of Life."
Isn't this beautiful!!  Done by Lynn Schulz, using many of SU's beautiful Big Shot dies and Embossing Folders.

Are you feeling like it's Spring yet??  If not, here's one more to get you in the mood.  Done by Jackie VanDommelen featuring the "Inspired by Nature, Flight of the Butterfly, & Sincere Salutations Stamp Sets" and the "Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die."
Okay, if these cards have not helped you get out of the Winter blues then you are going to have to stop back to see my next update.  I'm working on something using Daffodil Delight and if that doesn't shout "Spring" then you need a glass of wine.

Until next time,
Sandi
"God gives blessings to us so we can give glory to him." -- Our Daily Bread

3 comments:

  1. What gorgeous cards!! I got really excited in the past week when the Canadian Geese started flying back to the area. They are such a nuisance but they are a sign that spring is almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi these are indeed fabulous swap cards!!! Thank you so much for inviting me to the meeting this month. I so enjoyed meeting you and Ronda. I will definitely be coming back as my schedule allows. I also need to see about attending one of weekend get togethers!

    See you again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much for that Spring feel....I still see that four letter white stuff out my window...But oh these cards do very much help. Especially the last one with all the butterflys. I miss my flower gardens. So I guess I have to dust off my flower stamps and think Spring especially since your birds were heading my way! I think the first one was a winner for me also, love it.

    ReplyDelete