Sunday, October 2, 2011

CREATIVE CONVENTION!!!

Wow, what a fabulous four days I have had!!!  Most of you know by now that I have been preparing projects as a presenter for Ronda Wade's Creative Convention this last weekend.  Well, let me tell you, it was absolutely fabulous.  I learned so much, stamped for 4 days, and made some fabulous new friends as well as getting a chance to really sit down and visit with my old friends.  There were 80+ ladies there, from all over.  From the awesome Canadian ladies, to the large group from Tennessee, and demos in Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and my home state, Michigan, we had a great representation of demonstrators from all over.  If I left anybody out, please forgive me and remember that I am a senior citizen!!

So what does this mean to you?  It means you are going to see tons of projects in the next couple of weeks from some very talented stamping demonstrators.  Today is just a warm up -- so trust me, you better make sure you come back every couple of days to check out the rest.  Tons of new ideas for you to try out!!

Today I want to show you our "convention bags" we received as we checked in -- so cute and very durable -- thank you RONDA!!  And then some of the swap cards that were swapped on the night of our Social (when we were treated with a yum, yum chocolate fountain).

Yes, there were even SU product goodies in our bag.  Don't you just love how Ronda designed the bags with the name of her convention, with matching notepads and pens.  And of course, the added WOW was the monogrammed scalloped circle to identify who it belonged to as there were 80+ of these sitting all over the place!! 
 
This was my swap card -- the theme was "Anything With a Stocking."  My layout was somewhat CASEd from Debra Currier, just different colors, technique, etc.  I used the reverse masking technique to make a shim before using the Snow Burst Embossing Folder and then brayed over the top with Whisper White Craft Ink.  Card stock:  Old Olive, Marina Mist, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, and Letters to Santa Designer Series Paper.  Accessories:  Mini Jingle Bells, Baker's Twine, Rhinestones, and Stocking Builder Punch.

I had to show you this card done by Sheryl Spitzley, from Portland, Michigan -- isn't it gorgeous!!!  You know I love anything vintage!! 

And the winner of the "Anything With a Stocking Swap":  Melissa Davies, of Michigan.  Isn't this just the cutest design you have ever seen!!  The details of this card can be found on her website, at  www.rubberfunatics.blogspot.com
Well, I've had my shower and put on my "Advanced Nighttime Repair Serum" so I guess I am going to try again to see if it works and hit the sheets (it never has worked in the past -- I still wake up every morning looking old, but I'm hoping one day to be surprised).  Please make sure you stop back to see my projects I made for my inspiration table -- a lot of new stuff and techniques!!  I promise there will be something for everybody (especially when I also have over 100 new cards)!!

Thank you for stopping by,
Sandi
"Even in old age they will still produce fruit and be vital and green." -- Psalm 92:14
"Heavenly Father, thank You for the adventures that lie ahead." --  Patricia Lorenz

No comments:

Post a Comment