Sunday, February 5, 2012

TAKE IT TO HEART BIRTHDAY & STAMPIN' UP INSPIRATION TABLE

Yesterday was celebration day for my granddaughter's 17th birthday, which was on February 2.  Of course I waited until yesterday to make her a card and get a gift.  In the morning I went over to the Antique Mall for her gift and bought a stack of old 50s and 60s vinyl records (45s ), as she is in love with her antique turntable we got her for Christmas.  I wrapped them all together in a stack before putting into a box to wrap.  I told my husband she would never be able to guess what they were before opening the wrapping (even tho they are round and she could feel them).  He kept saying that she would because you could feel them through the paper.  Well I was right, because I knew she had no idea what a small 45 record looked like (let alone a stack of 30).  She was elated when she saw all those old records and also liked her vintage lead crystal perfume bottle.  So we spent an hour listening to some oldies (for me).  It brought back a lot of memories of my high-school dances and listening to records in my bedroom.  I swear, I am so blessed to have a granddaughter that loves vintage as much as I do -- we both can spend hours at antique stores.
Last Thursday I got the rest of my Stampin' Up product needed to prepare projects for Ronda Wade's Sale-A-Bration and Occasions Mini Kick-Off Event on February 11.  So it is crunch time for me, as I usually start at least 3 weeks prior to an event if I am doing a presentation.  I can't show you pictures of what I am doing until after the event, but wanted to show you what works for me:  my INSPIRATION TABLE.  I learned this trick first from Andrea Walford and then noticed that Ronda Wade does pretty much the same thing.  I get all the product in one place that I need to use for my assignment/theme and then work from that to create.  It really saves a lot of time and keeps me focused on what product I need to use for my projects.  Here are some pictures of what last week was about for me (right-click on the pictures and select "open in new tab and/or window" to enlarge):
Holly's Birthday Card using the Take It To Heart, Elements of Style, and Loved Ones Stamp Sets; Hearts Collection Framelits Die; Adorning Accents Edgelit Die and Textured Impressions Embossing Folder; Distressing Essentials Tea Stain; Vintage Trinkets Brads; Marina Mist Satin Ribbon; and Watercolor Wonder Crayons.

And here is Holly using some Stampin' Up product to finish her poster board for a class project.
My Inspiration Table:  The bucket holds the majority of my Stampin' Up product that I will be using for my projects, next are the Big Shot Dies, Embossing Folders, etc. that I will be using.
Next are my tools, stamps, a few accessories, and working spot.
Next is my "entertainment and inspiration."  I think that explains it all -- LOL!
Here is the long shot of my Inspiration Table.  Yes, it looks like a junk pile, but I have to put up with it until I'm done, then everything goes back to its assigned spot.  It works for me because I have everything close to inspire me and keep me focused on just the new product I want to use for the event.  Sometimes (if I am very lucky), I set up my Inspiration Table with product that is discontinued or I haven't used in a long time, just so I make sure I use what I buy. 
I would be very interested in what you do to inspire you when you are creating.  As you can see, I have used many tips/ideas from all my stampin' friends, and I always love to get new ideas to try out.  So leave me a comment that includes how you get organized to create.

Until next time,
Sandi

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the just run to it and are safe." -- Proverbs 18:10
"Father, how quickly I forget how safe I am in Your love.  Help me come in from the dark and my fears, and simply curl up and rest in the safety You provide." -- Roberta Rogers

4 comments:

  1. Outstanding work area, Sandi! You call it a "junk pile" during your project work....I call it "Heaven" compared to my big messes.

    Your granddaughter is a lucky lady to have such a talented grandma. Beautiful Bday Card!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, I so love Holly's card... and Holly's project looks great-as does she. She is so grownup in that photo. As for your inspiration area, if I had the room you have I would do just as you did. However, we both know my work area is even smaller that your inspiration area. LOL Great job on the card and TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even when it's a mess, it's still neater than my space. The only thing I'd change is to turn the folding chair into one that rolls. Can't wait to see what you create for Ronda's. The beautiful card for your granddaughter could surely go into the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a very nice job coloring in Holly's card. Like all the bright colors on the card. Also like the rolled effect around the heart.

    ReplyDelete