Wednesday, June 26, 2013

STAMPIN' UP FLOWER SHOP!!

Sorry about taking so long to post something new, but the truth is, tonight was the first time I had a chance to play with some of my new stamps.  Actually, I didn't really have a "chance" -- I just said enough with washing windows and cleaning house, I'm going to do something I love.  Besides that I am way late getting this thank-you card in the mail.  It is almost to the point where I'm ashamed to even send it (don't think that has ever happened to me before).  I have tons of thank-you cards, but I wanted something "new" and "fresh" to send as it is going to a fellow stamper.  And I just wanted to "let loose with my design" as you can see by the picture. 

I have always been an admirer of Impressionist Art because to me it is like doing shabby chic and now grunge art -- all are expressions of how I feel.  Impressionism.org defines "Impressionism" as a depiction of an artist’s impression. "It does not aim to be accurate in detail, but the impression often elicits a stronger emotional appeal, which is variously triggered in the beholder. It is a spontaneous expression, often discarding the basic ability to draw correctly and becomes more an interplay of colors.  Because it is an impression, every impressionist painting becomes more an expression of the heart."  So here is my card, which is definitely a play on our new in-color inks and totally discards the ability to draw (LOL).  However, it is my impression and from my heart:


My background was created using the direct to paper technique, with a twist.  I used watercolor paper, applied the in-color inks with a plain rubber stamp (mounted on wood), and then misting with water.  Using the watercolor paper added the texture I wanted plus allowed me to mist the ink to set the colors.  Of course I added the petals from the new Flower Shop Stamp Set  (Strawberry Slush Card Stock and Ink) and the leaves cut from the Secret Garden Framelits using Old Olive Card Stock.


And yes, I did get another 12" x 12" double-page layout done for my grand-daughter.  I really thought I was done with her album, but I keep finding pictures I want to add.  Normally I never show non-Stampin' Up product because I don't buy anything but Stampin' Up, but the product on the left page was given to me and it matched the color I was looking for these pictures (I did add some new Washi Tape to it however).  The page on the right is retired Stampin' Up DSP, but current accessories.  I love how I was able to match up the colors on the 2 pages.


Close-up of left page.  This layout I intend to use again with all Stampin' Up product.


Close-up of left page -- notice the use of the new Chalk Talk Framelits.  (Right-click on the pictures and select "Open in new Window" and then click on the picture to enlarge for detail.)
Until next time,
Sandi

"Rejoice in the Lord always.  I shall say it again:  rejoice!" -- Philippians 4:4

2 comments:

  1. Sandi, I LOVE, LOVE your impressionist art card! It's stunning--truly. I love the vibrant colors and how interesting it is to look at.
    My definition of Impressionist painting is they are beautiful from far away; the closer you get the more chaotic it is.
    Lovely!
    ~Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, your card is nice but I'm not into that kind of art. I do, however, love the 2 page scrapbook layout. Colors are super. Lois

    ReplyDelete