Sunday, September 24, 2017

THINKING OF CHRISTMAS 2018

It's that time of year when I start thinking of getting ready for Christmas -- my favorite holiday of the year!!  A couple of weeks ago I started using some of the new stamp sets and product from the 2017 Holiday Catalog (another awesome catalog full of product I just have to have!).  Here are a few of the cards I came up with so far:

This card uses the new Carols of Christmas Bundle (stamp set and Thinlits Dies).  A very quick and easy card, but beautiful in person.


This is my version of an old-fashioned snow globe.  I got this idea from Pinterest and just changed it up a bit.  It uses the new Night in Bethlehem Bundle (stamp set and Edgelits Dies).  The base of the snow globe uses the new Everyday Label Punch on a piece of the new Champagne Foil Sheets (after punching, just cut it in half).  I also used the foil sheet to cut the Edgelits Die for the town.

Another quick and easy card using the new Everyday Label Punch and the Lots of Labels Framelits layered behind the punched sentiment.  I love the new Christmas Around the World Designer Series Paper and new Real Red 1/8" Solid Ribbon goes perfect with this paper.  And an old favorite from last year, the Sweater Embossing Folder to make this card look all warm and fuzzy!

And for all of you who like to send a picture card, this card will really bring it up a notch!!  Again I used the new Carols of Christmas Bundle (stamp set and Thinlits Dies).  Simply use the Thinlits Dies to cut the vellum frame to layer on your picture and stamp the sentiment -- how easy is that!!  You only apply glue dots to the top of the vellum so it can be lifted from the bottom to view the photo.  This makes a "really personal card" that you can write a nice note inside for the family that is receiving your treasured memories.  Something about getting a handwritten note versus a printed picture postcard really warms my heart.
Until next time,
Sandi

"Every good and perfect gift is from above." -- James 1:17

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the personal card with the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, I love your Bethlehem scene. How did you do the starry background?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Sandi. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your sweater card. Gonna be one of my favs. TFS

    ReplyDelete