Wednesday, May 5, 2010

HAPPY THURSDAY!!

Good Morning America!!!

Yes, buy the time I finish typing this post it will be after 12:01 a.m. Thursday morning. Now I know why Tamie updates her blog in the middle of the night -- no interruptions.

Today was a day full of interruptions for me. Tuesday and Wednesday most of my day was taken up with service men. What is it about Spring that makes everything break down or you start thinking about updating? I guess I won't be getting an updated kitchen this year, as my husband decided to finish off the pond by putting a sealer all around it (no, I don't know the technical name that the pond guy calls it). Hopefully, by putting the sealer all around the pond, our electric bill will go down in the Summer because I won't have to keep turning on the pump for the pond well (my electric bill in the Summer is double what it is in the Winter). The pond is not spring fed, so I always have to fill it up in May as it is down about 10 feet (which takes about a week of the well running to get it filled). Then the rest of the Summer, I usually turn it on each weekend because I swear when the kids come over to swim, all the water splashes out when they dive in (kinda like when they were little and taking their baths). Before they can spray the sealer on, we have to drain more water out, then they will spray all around the pond with the mixture that will expand and harden to form the sealer, so the water doesn't seep through the sand. Sounds to me like when it is done it will end up like a swimming pool, but it is a pond??? I will have to make sure I take pictures of before, during, and after as I am curious how this is going to work myself.

Anyway, would you like to see some samples??? Well, I just bet you would! So here you go:


Beautiful Card done by Sandy Haynes, using new Island Oasis Designer Paper and Tropical Party stamp set in the Summer Mini Catalog.

I made this birthday card for my sister using ALL SU PRODUCT: even the cardboard box (layered on Crushed Curry) is from SU!!. Also used the Tulip Bigz Die for the flower pot, lot of shimmer spray, Smooch Spritz (Gold Gloss & Log Cabin), Mostly Vintage Decor Stencil, and Watercolor Trio stamp set.

I made this birthday card for my daughter, using of course my new favorite stamp set: Elements of Style (embossed in gold embossing powder).


Little treats I made for my last card and scrapbooking classes using the 5-petal Bigz Die and new Flower Punch (and some chocolate of course -- no tea bags for these ladies!!)


And finally, I had to show you this picture of Lisa Ashton's scissor charm, using the paper bead technique. She made these for all her downline. I totally loved this so she sent me a picture to show all of you. I will be making some of these for sure as soon as I get the material.

I hope you enjoyed these projects, I know I did. Let me know what you think.

Sandi

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff Sandi. Love the Tropical party card so bright and sunny. I think that the Elements of Style set is going to be one of favs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to wish you a Happy Mother's Day, today. You are a woman who I honor and appreciate so much! Thanks for being in my life!!
    Love,
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete