Saturday, July 17, 2010

SNEAK PEEK: CONVENTION SWAPS

Hello America!! (don't I wish!)

I got up at 4:30 a.m. this morning so I could finish my Convention swaps without being interrupted.  It worked -- I was done in an hour!!  The kids have already been over to swim, last of laundry is in the wash, dinner is in the oven, and I'm getting ready to take a nap!!  Now I am getting just a little excited, but won't reach my peak until I'm in my Utah hotel room with all my luggage.  I always fear that my luggage will get lost, and I will have to wear the same clothes for a week, because there is no way I will waste my time to go shopping.  Nope, I will by some soap and hand-wash my clothes every night if I have to -- and hope I can borrow some PJ's from somebody as I don't think my room-mate could handle it otherwise.  The bright side to that is everybody will recognize me every day as, "that girl with the same clothes on."

But, let's think positive as there are a lot worse things that could happen (we all know what that could be), and let's get on with what you came here for -- SWAP CARDS!!  I have had so much fun looking at the different posts showing their swaps, so decided I wouldn't wait either and just post them now instead of after Convention.  There will be lots more to show you when I get back.  These were really quick cards, as I couldn't fool around so be kind to me.

I am totally in love with SU's new "Distressing Essentials."  So much fun.  I used the blue vintage ink to color the pitcher and the new Pear Pizzaz classic ink for the pears (dah!).


Here is another layout using the same materials (I like the other one better).


Newsprint Designer Paper stamped with River Rock in using the Medallion background stamp. Again, I used the blue distressing ink over this and the crown from the Artistic Etchings stamp set.  You can't see in this picture, but the crown and the Fleurette both have a half-jewel rhinestone inserted.


Same products, different layout.  I wanted to use up all my scraps so that is why there are different designs.  The card base is Very Vanilla and Night of  Navy layer.  The ribbon is the new 1/8" Marina Mist.


Yah, I got kinda wild on this one -- but you know me, I don't throw anything away (even tho it looks like I took it out of the trash).

Okay, I'm cutting into my nap time so that's all for today.  Have a nice weekend and we will see if I have time to post again before I leave.  If not, I hope to post while at Convention.

Thanks for stopping by, Sandi

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you did it! And your cards are beautiful. We're going to have so much fun. I can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right these are all awsome! It is very hard to decide but yea I guess the first one would be first on the list but it would be hard to list them because they all are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trades are beautiful... I like the one you got 'wild' on best! I am attending convention but not trading... except for the Funstamper's Mover & Shaker Trade...which aren't done yet! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, love the blue wash and I am so jealous. Hope you have great time and really wish I could swap with ya, they're all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete