Monday, September 10, 2012

WONDERFALL FALL!!

No, technically I did not drop off the face of earth, but physically I did!!  I know it has been a month since I last posted, but I hope you all come back to visit me and leave a comment to let me know how you are doing.  It truly has been a whirlwind the last 30 days (I think I packed 6 months into it).  So many big parties and lots of family fun, but I'm so glad it is over.  Will I do it again, hmmmm -- probably so.

I left last Thursday to attend and present at Ronda Wade's Creative Convention that ended on Sunday.  All I can say is:  WOW, WOW, WOW!!!  This is the 2nd time she has had this event, and let me tell you, you would have thought she had been doing this for years.  My brain is bursting with creativity and business tips/ideas!!  And so much fun visiting and laughing with fellow demonstrators from Canada, Kentucky, New York, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan and probably many more states.  So guess what projects you will be seeing for at least the next month?????  Yep, pictures and some directions from my presentation.  Ronda asked that I prepare Fall-themed projects; concentrating on the Wonderfall Stamp Set, Autumn Accents Bigz Die, and Orchard Harvest Designer Fabric.  And of course, I threw in some other stamps and accessories from the new Stampin' Up Holiday Mini.  So here are a couple of pictures:

First, I have to thank Ronda's daughter Erica for giving me one of her Barbie dolls and a huge thank you to my sister Pam for doing the actual sewing (I only designed it, she did the hard work).  This was made using the fabulous Orchard Harvest Designer Fabric, Victoria Crochet Trim, and Island Indigo 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon.  I made the basket with Island Indigo Card Stock and Ruffled Ribbon and matching Designer Printed Brads.  (I will post directions on how I made the basket in a future post).

Here is a side picture of dress and basket.  I have to tell you, even though the product I was assigned did not allude to "vintage" projects -- I still had to squeeze in the Victorian Era doll because you know how much I love vintage!!  And of course, let me not forget all those leaves made with the fabulous new Autumn Accents Bigz Die (learned some tricks on making these).

Card features the Wonderfall Stamp Set.  I used the reverse masking technique, with Stampin' Up's Watercolor Wonder Crayons.

I left the Convention early so I could attend my granddaughter's baby shower, which I was co-hosting with my daughter (yep, I'm going to be a great-grandma!!).  So before I leave, I want to show you a couple pictures of projects I did for her shower:

Of course I used some Stampin' Up product for this cute table centerpiece:  retired ribbon and Dazzling Details on the edges of the flower petals (yes, it is hard to see in this picture but looked gorgeous in real life or if you enlarge the picture by right-clicking on the picture and select open in new tab/window).  These flowers were made out of plastic spoons!!!

A close-up showing the Dazzling Details better.

A simple thank you note card for the table favors (sorry, forgot to take picture of inside).
Thank you for stopping by, and come back soon as I have a lot of projects yet to show.

Until next time,

Sandi
"Ye are the light of the world. . . ."  --  Matthew 5:14
"Father, let my attitude light the way for happy times -- anywhere You choose to send me.  -- Pam Kidd"

8 comments:

  1. great work. You really cut a lot of leaves. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing
    Jean B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty!! Happy to hear your good news!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those flowers are cool. Turn about is fair. Show me how you made the flowers and I'll show you how to make the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my customers told me about your blog months ago. Of course, I checked it out, but didn't subscribe via email until a few days ago. Sounds like you've been busy! Blog away now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Sandi! Looks like you had a fun time creating. Thanks for sharing it with us. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn it I made a comment yesterday after talking with you and for some reason not on here.... Ok, I will try to remember what great remarks I made. Love the doll and glad I got to see it IRL. By the way, you didn't put any leaves around the doll Sunday! The spoon flowers, well, what can I say? Absolutely beautiful (again I seen the Sunday). Your card will be cased by me...so peaceful looking. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please do tell us how to make the spoon flowers! They are beautiful! I love your Barbie doll dress and basket.
    Sue Erickson
    www.soggystamper.com
    www.mydigitalcraftcorner.com

    ReplyDelete