Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I have been so blessed today . . .

Yes, I have had many blessings today. One of them was to get home late tonight from a RubberQueen meeting (awesome make'n takes!!) and get an e-mail from my niece by marriage, Jen, with a new header drawing for my blog. Look up, isn't it gorgeous. I so love it. I was so surprised -- first because Jen is very busy teaching during the day and still getting her new home the way she wants it on the weekends. And second, because I wasn't expecting it (even tho I left a big hint on her blog because it is gorgeous). Oh, and did I tell you she is a scrapbooker also, AND on top of that, she is an awesome photographer who would love to do this on the side (and has for weddings). The only down-side is that she and my nephew moved from Michigan to North Carolina so I hardly ever get to see them anymore. Jen if you see this -- a big hug and THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. I owe you big time. Maybe you should start a business creating blog headers???

And I may as well post my blessing for tomorrow now:
Happy Anniversay to ME!! Yep, my husband and I are celebrating 26 years of marriage in a couple of hours. I know, I can't believe it either (and I'm sure he can't either). It may not seem like a long time for many, but I can't believe he has lasted this long with me and some of the crazy things I have done. Did I every tell you about the time I poured a 50 lb. bag of bird seed in the water softner, thinking it was a bag of salt?? Well I did, with the help of my daughter to lift the bag (even after I was told by him that we did not have any salt). The only reason we stopped pouring after a while was because I couldn't figure out why there was all this dust in the air (didn't think salt should do that). My daughter and I laughed so hard we had to cover our mouths so he wouldn't hear us upstairs. Bless his heart -- he never said a word (I think he was used to me by then). I hope you enjoyed my story (I only put this on because the Queen of the Rubberqueens said tonight she now likes to read all the stories in the blogs). I have many more stories (some worse) but I will save them, as I know you are waiting to see what card I made for him (why else would you be here reading all this crap). Well here it is:

Very simple, but hopefully it says it all -- you know men, they like simple. This is the first time I have used the new "Sense of Time" stamp set from SU's Occasions Mini Catalog. I love it. And of course I HAD TO have it because it will look beautiful in my heritage album. I stamped the image with Craft Very Vanilla ink on Basic Gray card stock and then used Clear imbossing powder to make it pop and then matted it on Going Gray card stock. Used the Urban Oasis Designer Series Paper (DSP) and Sage Shadow card stock for the card base. Two clear buttons with words stamped on Sage Shadow and punched with 1" circle punch, with a thin strip from a piece of twill ribbon to thread through the button. A little more twill ribbon to wrap around the DSP and a small black Grommet to hold it down for the finishing touches. What do you think? Does it look masculine enough? Well I hope so because I already sealed the envelope. Have a wonderful day -- I know I will!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comments! I'm glad you like your blog header.

    Congrats on the happy marriage!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi,

    I want to wish you a very happy Mother's Day! You are such a special lady! Especially since at our last scrapbook weekend, people thought you were my mother!!!

    Love you,
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete