Monday, May 4, 2009

What a Beautiful Day . . . .

Yes, these are the kind of days I am so glad I am retired. Although, like everybody that is retired, I have to say I work harder and have less time then when I was working outside 40+ hours a week. But hey, it's too beautiful to be thinking of that stuff. So let me tell you, I got a lot accomplished today. Went shopping and spent $200 (and that only took 2 hours) on knick-knacks (dirt, flower pots, bunch of stuff from hardware department, etc.). All stuff needed to spruce up the house a little. Getting ready for my granddaughter's Graduation Open House that she begged to have at our house (she said she has lots of memories from Grandma's -- so how could I refuse after she said that). Came home and did "some" of the yard work -- tons to do yet. Supervised our carpenters -- ha, ha!! That's what I tell them, but actually I am adding more to their list. Told them that I am doing my part in getting the economy going by making sure they will have a job most of the summer. I love doing remodeling, and it makes me happy that I only hire local people that really need the work. So I am getting double for my money.

Enough of that, now on to what you really came to see -- some more creations. I want to post my last 2 projects so bad as I so loved them, but can't because they were gifts and I'm afraid they might peek on my blog and see them. So make sure you check back latter in the week. However, here are two of my cards I made recently for our RubberQueen meeting.

Both of these cards use a new stamping technique. Ronda, Queen of the RubberQueens, came up with the name: "Stamp Sanding." The technique originated from Patti (gosh, I don't know her last name). Yep, it's just like it sounds. You take your stamp, face-up, lay your designer paper on top, and use an Emery Board to lightly rub the paper and get your image. You can't use SU card stock because the color goes all the way through (no white in middle). You want to sand until the stamp image is white (I like to leave a little of the DSP mixed in to give it that rough look).

The first one uses SU's new Petal Pizzazz stamp set. I love this set for when you want a really large image; plus you have lots of small flowers in the same set. I used all of them but 2 on this one card. Do you think it is a bit much?? I also used the Shadow technique behind the sanding and sponged around the DSP layered square.



The second card uses the beautiful "Great Friend" stamp set from SU's Occasions Mini Catalog. You can't see it very well in my picture but I used the Big Shot Texturz Plate (SU Back-grounds I -- Polka Dots) on the base of the card in white. I also used Dazzling Diamonds Embossing Powder on the second butterfly. Both of these cards use the Bella Birds Designer Series Paper (DSP).

I liked this technique because I don't have to cut out images to put on my DSP and this is just more my style. Even tho I love crisp and clean cards; it seems I tend to go back to this style by the time I am done. Hope you had a great day, and let's hope tomorrow is just as beautiful (personally I would love a week like this.)

2 comments:

  1. sandi, I really like your blog. You are doing a good job. By the way, you can upload one of those "gifts" as I got it today and have been trying to call all afternoon *(last time at 8pm). It is sooo beautiful. You make the most beautiful "gifts". I will tell you more when we talk. TFS
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi,
    I love your samples, especially the butterfly one! Can't wait to see you at the meeting tomorrow night!
    Love,
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete