Saturday, May 30, 2009

What a Big Shot!!

Oooh, am I in big trouble. I know I promised "some" new cards -- but you will just have to settle for "one" today. Hey, at least it is one of my own creations this time -- no mojoe juice/inspiration from anybody. Do you know how hard that is -- TO START FROM SCRATCH!! Unheard of, spectacular, out of the box for me. Okay, my arm is in a sling from all that patting on my back. The sad part is, I can't use it for my granddaughter's birthday card -- too old of a card for her (she's only 18 for gosh sakes). Besides, she was watching me make it the whole time, as she came over with her mother to make a graduation card for an open house she was attending today.
Back to basics: I was just fooling around with some of my new Big Shot stuff, and this is what I came up with. Mellow Moss base (5 1/2" 5 1/2" square card) with Apricot Appeal layer (texturz plate used and direct to paper inked with Apricot Appeal). Butterfly die smudged in VersaMark and Heat & Stick Powder applied/heated to adhere Light Pink Chunky Sprinkles Stampin' Glitter (picture does not do it justice, believe me); with Mellow Moss 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and awesome jumbo brad (so love these) attached. Daisy Flowers done in Cameo Coral and Lavender Lace (another jumbo brad) and the Little Leaves sizzlit die done in Mellow Moss. "From the Heart" sentiment stamped on Mellow Moss cardstock, cut with Lots of Tags sizzlit (4-pack die). Is this a Big Shot or what!!


Have a great day!!
Sandi

5 comments:

  1. Nice all around use of the big shot into one great theme. Like the idea and colors. Have not gotten the butterfly die yet but have it on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Big Shot! Its amazing what we can create with such ease now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card. I'm new to the big shot and I'm amazed everytime I see something new done with it. Thanks for sharing this. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I am just learning to use my big shot as well. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete