Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tassel Time . . .


I know, I know -- over a week and nothing new on my blog! I did get to stamp once however. Sorry, but I had to use a retired stamp set: Tassel Time. It was the only one I had that gave me everything I wanted to make my grand-daughter's graduation card box. Also, it has always been one of my favorites. I even had to use retired classic ink (remember back in 2003? when SU changed a few of the standard 48 colors). Emily's school colors are Burgundy and white, so used the Bravo Burgundy (I think anyway -- kept testing all my different shades to find the right match). Even my Burgundy ribbon is retired!! Burgundy is not one of my favorite colors -- but it is done. You can't see it really well (maybe if you click on the picture to enlarge) but I did add some Pretties (hat pin with beads/pearls and half pearl in daisy flower). Emily thought it looked really nice -- but it isn't something I would write home to brag about, if you know what I mean.

3 comments:

  1. It turned out PERFECT....nice work Mom! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love that stamp set - hopefully SU will offer another one like it this next catty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the box! Congrats to your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete