Friday, May 15, 2009

May 16th Card Class


Well here they are folks! Finished my last card this morning for tomorrow's class. I have to thank Kari Mason for the punched flower pot idea. I used the Stem Silhouettes stamp set with So Saffron and Certainly Celery cardstock (Bella Rose DSP). I also used the Stem Silhouettes stamp set for my Thank you card on Kraft cardstock, with Certainly Celery ribbon and cardstock and again Bella Rose DSP. My inspiration for the Baha Breeze thank you card, using Walk in the Park DSP, came from the Occasions Mini Catalog scrapbook layout on page 6 (just changed a little -- using the Great Friend and Oval All stamp sets. I have to give credit to my sideline who demonstrated this brayer technique at out last RubberQueen demonstrator meeting for my final card done this morning (I am ashamed to say I forgot her name -- maybe somebody will leave a comment to let me know so I can give her credit). I used Basic Gray cardstock with Urban Oasis DSP and the Manhattan Flower textured Impressions Die on Glossy White cardstock and then brayed with three inks (which doesn't show up well in this picture, but is gorgeous in real life).
One of my customers coming to this class had requested all thank you cards so she could send them to her husband's clients. So keeping that in mind, I tried to keep the cards from looking too girly (hey, I said I "tried"). I also made 2 samples of each -- one for thank you's and the other for birthdays giving my other customers the option of switching the sentiments as I had told them we would be doing birthday and thank you cards for this class. I really liked all of these cards this time -- which is rare for me. Hope you like.

1 comment: